Thursday, January 30, 2014

New Year’s Goals/Resolutions put into action

Spend more quality time with the ones I love – less time on my phone, less time watching tv, this also means doing chores at nap/bed time, more time doing things together as a family.
  • On the days I do not work I make it a point to go the park or do something different out of the house with Julian. I want him to look back and be thankful on the time we spend together doing things he likes to do. My mom came up and we spend the day sewing and playing with Julian it was such a nice day.
Do more of what I love – reading, sewing, crafting, and running (never thought I would say I love running).
  • I am so far behind on the real housewives that I do not even know what is going on. This makes me really happy because ultimately it really does not matter. I have also started reading and I joined an online book club. I am proud to say I am half way through our first book. I have started and finished a baby quilt (pictures to come in a later post) and I am half way through another one. I am loving being back behind my sewing machine, it is one of my happy places.

Save more money/spend smarter – Use what we already have, recycle, meal plan, and stick to a budget.
  • We finally took in our recycling (after a year and a half of hoarding it) and made a whopping $82 bucks! I have been writing meal plans each week and sticking to them. This is really helping to not spend extra money and to use what food we have.
Blog more – This kind of goes against number one but I plan on doing this on my work days or after bedtime. I love looking back at the memories and I am sad when I don’t document them.

  • This is my second one this year so I think I am making progress.

Finally – Make this year the best one yet!

No comments: